Washrooms at YVR are accessible to customers using wheeled mobility devices and include consideration for people with vision or hearing impairments. Washroom features include screen walls in place of doors (except private, single stall washrooms), automated faucet, soap, and paper towel dispensers, accessible toilets in both the main public washrooms and private, single stall washrooms, universally accessible sinks, an emergency call button adjacent to all accessible toilets and baby-change facilities. Adult dimension change tables are also available before security in the USA Departures area and after security in Domestic, International and USA Departures.
- USA Departures level 3 (check-in area, across from check-in counter 276)
- Domestic AB pier (near gate B14 and across from Stanley Park Taphouse restaurant)
- Domestic/International departure swing gates area (near gate C52/D52)
- International departures area (near gate D72)
- USA departures (across from gate E87 and near Starbucks)
- International arrivals area on level 4
Assisted Change Room - Changing Places
Located at post-security at Pier D between gates 58 and 62.
The Assisted Changeroom – Changing Places washroom benefits passengers with a wide range of physical disabilities who often need extra equipment and space to allow them to use toilet facilities safely and comfortably. The washroom has extra features and more space to meet the needs of people who use them. Our Changing Places washroom provides:
- Height-adjustable adult-sized changing bench (max weight: 175 kg / 386 lbs.)
- Tracking Hoist System (max weight: 374 kg / 825 lbs.)
- Adequate space in the changing area for persons with disability and support person
- Toilets (standard with raised pan and back support)
- Fold-down support arms and vertical grab rails
- Accessible sink and paper towel dispenser
- Privacy screen
Passengers need to bring their own sling and should consult the weight restrictions of their sling.
Changing Places are free to use and do not need to be pre-booked. There is a sign adjacent to the facility with an intercom to call to gain access.