Departing from YVR
Is your passport valid? Do you have the right travel documentation for your destination? These are important questions to ask as you prepare for travel.
Be sure that you:
- Understand the travel requirements of where you’re going and what you’ll need upon your return.
- Ensure your passport is current.
- Ensure you have your proof of vaccination if your destination requires it.
- Ensure you have any other required documents (for example, travel visas).
Be sure to reference the latest information from Transport Canada, your airline, and your destination to be ready to fly:
- Transport Canada, which provides the latest information on where Canadians can safely travel safely and with confidence.
- The travel advice and directives from your destination.
- Your airline, to be doubly sure about testing and quarantine requirements as well as how to prepare for check-in and what to expect onboard.
Depending on your destination, you may still be required to present proof of a negative COVID test, proof of vaccination status, or other entry requirements. More information about requirements for the U.S. and international travel is available here or through your airline.
Travel Tips from YVR:
- Arrive early. YVR strongly encourages all travellers flying from YVR to arrive at the airport early—at least two hours ahead of domestic flights and at least three hours for U.S. and international.
- Have a parking plan. If you’re driving to the airport, here are four ways to park at YVR.
- How to find your check-in counter. Departure level curb signs have changed. This includes changes to check-in areas. Passengers can look up their flight number under the “Departing Flights” flight information to find their airline’s check-in counters and follow the signs in the terminal.
- Take note of in-terminal signs. Passengers may be directed through specific screening checkpoints depending on volume. Please follow in-terminal signs. YVR’s Guest Experience team and Green Coat volunteers are stationed at Information Counters and throughout the terminal and are ready to answer any questions you may have.
- Be prepared for passenger screening. Please be patient as CATSA staff are doing their best under very busy and challenging circumstances and be prepared to help agents move you through screening as efficiently as possible. Ensure liquids, gels and aerosols are in containers that are under 100 milliliters and are packaged into one transparent, closed, and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than one litre. Check the full list of CATSA requirements here.
- Check out YVR Order Now. YVR Order Now is a new mobile ordering platform on yvr.ca/ordernow that lets you pre-order meals on your phone and quickly collect it at the restaurant counter when it’s ready for pick up.
- Questions? Once you’re at the terminal, be sure to keep an eye out for our new Guest Experience team or Green Coat volunteers for assistance. We’re also available on social media: @YVRairport. You can also email or call us.