Any BRHM incidents should be reported to Airport Authority Health & Safety and the BRHEMP administrator within 24 hours, with a detailed Incident Investigation Report submitted within 72 hours. Airport Operations must be notified in cases where an incident has an operational impact.
Incidents relating to BRHMs include breaches in containment and any event that results in the accidental disturbance and/or release of BRHMs. Incident Investigation Reports must include the following information:
- Date, time, and location of incident
- Hazardous materials involved
- Source of materials
- Individuals or organizations notified
- Description of how the release occurred
- Remedial actions that have been taken
- Actions necessary to prevent reoccurrence
All necessary measures to control any further BRHM release and exposure must be taken immediately. An emergency response plan specific to the work being done must be developed and followed in case of accidental damage and/or release of BRHMs.