YVR is getting ready to welcome more international travellers to the airport as the Federal Government eases restrictions. Here’s what you can expect:
As of September 6, 2021, at 9:01 p.m.:
- For travellers arriving at YVR:
- All international travellers who have completed the full course of vaccination with a Government of Canada-accepted vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Canada, will be able to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) travel.
- Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
- Fully vaccinated travellers will not need an arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a day-1 COVID-19 molecular test.
- The three-night government authorized hotel stay requirement was eliminated for all travellers arriving by air as of 9:01 P.M. PT on August 8. All travellers must still provide a quarantine plan and be prepared to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age and dependent children (due to a mental or physical condition) of fully vaccinated travellers will no longer have to complete a 14 day quarantine, but must follow strict public health measures. This includes those arriving internationally. This means they can move around with their parents, but must avoid group settings - such as camps or daycares - during the first 14 days after their arrival. Unvaccinated children will remain subject to the day-1 and day-8 testing requirements.
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers will continue to be required to quarantine for 14 days and conduct a day-1 and day-8 COVID-19 test.
For more information about travel planning, visit: www.yvr.ca /travel-planning
Here's more on what passengers can expect at YVR today:
- Members of the public and media are allowed back in terminal buildings.
- Masks continue to be mandated inside our terminal buildings.
- Physical distancing will no longer be enforced where it is no longer possible based on guidance from the Federal Government.
- Multi-layered safeguards remain (plexi-glass barriers, enhanced cleaning protocols, high rate of community vaccination, increased airflow through HVAC, sanitizer stations etc.)
Visit here for more information about fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada during COVID-19.