Impacts to traffic to and from YVR are underway with construction activities taking place until the end of March at the intersection of Oak Street and Marine Drive.
The full scope of upgrades includes:
- Water main replacement
- Sewer separation
- Complete street repaving and sidewalk spot repair
- Signal rehabilitation at eight intersections: Oak St, Heather St, 70th Ave, Manitoba St, Main St, Prince Edward St, Victoria Dr, and Khalsa Diwan Rd
- Intersection safety upgrades at Cambie St and Manitoba St
- Removal of duplicate or redundant electrical poles along Marine Dr
We encourage everyone to have a transportation plan before heading to the airport and leave themselves extra time. Travellers are reminded that there are many options for getting to the airport, including the Canada Line which is a short 26-minute train ride from downtown Vancouver.
Here are some tips for heading to the airport:
- If driving, leave extra time getting to the airport, whether flying out or picking up a loved one.
- Consider taking the Canada Line, a short 26-minute train ride from downtown Vancouver.
- Reminder for those planning to plan to park at YVR that there have been recent parking changes. We recommend having a parking plan and reserving your spot in advance by visiting our parking webpage to guarantee your preferred lot.
For more information please visit vancouver.ca/streets-transportation/marine-drive-upgrades.aspx or read the City of Vancouver FAQ vancouver.ca/files/cov/marine-drive-upgrades-frequently-asked-questions.pdf