Government of Canada announced that as of October 1, 2022, it will be lifting all remaining air travel pandemic measures.
- Mandatory Random Testing will be removed and will not be conducted for travellers arriving from an international destination.
- Unvaccinated travellers will not be required to quarantine or test upon arrival.
- With the end of these measures, filling out ArriveCAN is now optional. However, travellers can use ArriveCAN to submit their customs declaration ahead of their arrival to Canada, which reduces processing time through Canada’s border by up to 50 per cent.
- Masks are no longer mandatory in terminal and onboard aircraft. However, masks continue to be recommended.
Some people may continue to wear masks, and others may not. We request the airport community and travelling public to be understanding and respectful of people's personal choices.
Travellers are reminded to take note of the following travel measures currently in place:
- Those travelling internationally should be aware of the vaccination requirements of their destination before travel to determine whether they need to show proof of vaccination upon arrival.
More information about COVID-19 travel requirements can be found here.
The safety and security of workers, passengers and community is our top priority.
Latest information will continue to be available on YVR.ca and on Twitter:@yvrairport and @yvraeroport.
Please contact our Customer Care team with any questions.