What is YVR TAKEcare?
YVR TAKEcare is an operational program and health and safety campaign designed to help people move through the airport safely and with confidence.
The program is based on four key pillars:
- Adaptable and Flexible: monitoring evolving government, health authority and industry expert directives to ensure this program remains up to date.
- Clear Communication: sharing clear information at every step of the passenger journey and airport process to ensure all airport visitors are equipped with the proper information to safeguard their well-being while at the airport.
- Improved Processes: streamlining airport processes to ensure a seamless, touchless and physically distanced travel experience wherever possible by investing in new technologies and reconfiguring airport infrastructure.
- New & Enhanced Measures: ensuring all the latest health and safety standards and preventative measures are in place by following direction of health authorities, incorporating industry best practices and collaborating with our business partners.
The program takes a multi-layered approach to ensure the health and well-being of airport visitors, containing many elements that have already been in place at YVR.
Current measures include:
- All employees, passengers and people going through YVR must be fully vaccinated.
- Requiring mandatory face coverings to be worn at all times while in the terminal
- Facilitating temperature screening
- Increasing cleaning across all high-touch areas
- Installing plexiglass at counters
- Placing TAKEcare team members at key locations throughout the airport
- Providing additional hand sanitizer throughout the airport
How are you enforcing the YVR TAKEcare program?
We all have a role to play during the pandemic. We are strongly encouraging people to follow these rules for their own health and well-being. We will have additional TAKEcare team members on the floor to politely educate airport visitors directly about the program requirements and new measures such as face coverings.
What are you doing to keep YVR TAKEcare up to date?
We continue to work closely with various government partners, including the Public Health Agency of Canada, Transport Canada, the Government of B.C. and others to help inform and keep on top of all new and evolving directives related to COVID-19.
While YVR TAKEcare is our program in Vancouver, we are also working closely with other airports to ensure a consistent approach across the country through the Canadian Airports Council.
How often are you cleaning high-touch areas?
Cleaning has been increased across all high-touch areas. We have established an enhanced cleaning team that can clean up to 18,000 square feet of the terminal per hour, with a focus on sanitizing key surfaces, including border kiosks, jet bridges, handrails, other touch surfaces and washrooms.
Are you providing masks?
It is each individual’s responsibility to have the appropriate face covering and there are a number of great resources including the Public Health Agency of Canada’s website with instructions for making an acceptable non-medical face covering.
What are the exemptions to the mask policy?
The exceptions are children under the age of two or if an individual has a respiratory condition or has a disability where it is not feasible to wear a face covering.
How do I know if anyone on my recent flight tested positive for COVID-19?
Flights that had passengers test positive for COVID-19 are listed on the Government of Canada website: Exposure on flights, cruise ships and at mass gatherings. Please check this page frequently if you have travelled recently.
Where can I find more information about travel requirements?
For more information to plan your next trip please click here.