New Travel Requirements for Entering Canada by Air
The Government of Canada announced new travel requirements on international travel on January 29. Beginning February 21, 2021 at 8:59 p.m. PST, new mandatory testing requirements at airports for all arriving international travellers, as well as supervised quarantines at designated hotels for travellers awaiting their test results, will come into effect.
Here are the steps you will follow once you land at YVR.
Prepare in Advance
It is important that you follow all government requirements to ensure a seamless process when entering Canada, and to avoid penalty under the federal Quarantine Act. For further information, click here.
- Determine Travel Eligibility: Click here to determine if you are eligible to travel to Canada.
- Complete Pre-Departure Testing: Complete COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of your flight departure time—click here for more information.
- Submit Quarantine Plan: Click here to learn how to plan your quarantine and submit your plan using the ArriveCAN app. Download here.
- Book Mandatory Accommodation: Click here to learn how to book your mandatory 3-night stay at a government-approved hotel near YVR.
- Pre-Register for Arrivals Testing: Pre-register for your arrivals test at YVR with Fly Clear by LifeLabs for expedited processing at the airport.
Looking for more clarification? Please visit our FAQ page for more information on international travel requirements.