COVID-19 Testing at YVR
There are a number of COVID-19 testing related programs in place on Sea Island. It’s important to note – if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you cannot enter YVR.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)
VCH has moved their Richmond COVID-19 testing site to Sea Island. No referral or appointment is needed to receive testing.
- For: Individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This site is not for private testing related to travel or work purposes nor is it available for walk ins.
- Location & Hours: The testing centre is drive-through only, located at 5911 North Service Road (at the intersection of Aviation Avenue and North Service Road), open daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Do not enter YVR’s terminal.
- More information: Visit vch.ca or dial 811.
WestJet-YVR COVID-19 Testing Study
The pilot, which is conducted on a voluntary basis, seeks to gather data to support public health knowledge and the response to COVID-19 and help inform longer-term solutions around aviation safety and health-screening at airports.
- For: The study is open to WestJet guests who are residents of British Columbia, between the ages of 19 and 80, and who have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Guests must be flying domestically, and testing is available on the day of travel only.
- Location & Hours:Located at WestJet’s domestic check-in area from Monday to Friday during peak morning hours.
- More information: Visit westjet.com/covidtesting or for WestJet guests who meet the above criteria, register at testingyvr.ca.
In-Terminal Private Testing
Ultima Vancouver Airport Medical Clinic
Ultima Vancouver Airport Medical Clinic provides asymptomatic COVID-19 testing for travel and work purposes. This testing is by appointment only.
- For: Individuals who need a test for travel or work purposes. This site is not for individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Location & Hours: The clinic is on Level 1 of the Domestic Terminal Building and operates Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- More information: Visit here. To book an appointment call 604-424-4067.