COVID-19 Testing at YVR
There are a number of COVID-19 testing related programs in place on Sea Island. It’s important to note – if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you cannot enter YVR.
Private Testing Options on Sea Island
CVM Medical Pre-Departure Testing Inside YVR
Beginning April 24, CVM Medical will provide rapid antigen testing for ticketed passengers departing for the United States, the Netherlands, Germany and other countries accepting the test. Passengers should check-in before proceeding to the testing site.
- For: Ticketed passengers travelling to the Netherlands, Germany, the United States or other countries that accept this test who must take a rapid test shortly before departure.
- Location and hours: The testing clinic is located in the International Terminal Building, Level 3, near the International Food Court. They will operate from 5:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Cost: The rapid-antigen test costs $129. This is at the passenger’s own expense.
- More information: Please contact CVM Medical for more information about the test. Contact your airline directly for more information about testing requirements for travel.
Ultima Vancouver Airport Medical Clinic
Ultima Vancouver Airport Medical Clinic provides rapid antigen (Abbott Panbio™) testing. Booking an appointment is preferred, but walk-ins are accepted.
- For: Individuals who need a test for travel or work purposes. This site is not for individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Location & Hours: The clinic is on Level 1 of the Domestic Terminal Building and operates Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: The rapid-antigen test will cost $120, at the individuals’ own expense.
- More information: Visit here. To book an appointment call 604-424-4067.
FlyClear by LifeLabs Testing Facility
LifeLabs has opened a pre-departure testing facility under its FlyClear program. Those wanting a test must order and purchase testing and book their appointment online.
- For: Travellers who require a COVID-19 PCR/NAAT test for flight clearance.
- Location & hours: The clinic is located at 6084 Russ Baker Way on Sea Island. It operates 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
- Cost: PCR tests are being offered for $199. This is at the passengers’ own expense.
- More Information: Go online to order and purchase testing. After ordering and purchasing testing, you can book your appointment at the 6048 Russ Baker Way location here. Contact your airline directly for more information about testing requirements for travel.
Local Travel Testing Options
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Testing
VCH has moved their Richmond COVID-19 testing site to Sea Island. No referral or appointment is needed to receive testing.
- For: Individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. This site is not for private testing related to travel or work purposes nor is it available for walk ins.
- Location & Hours: The testing centre is drive-through only, located at 5911 North Service Road (at the intersection of Aviation Avenue and North Service Road), open daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Do not enter YVR’s terminal.
- More information: Visit vch.ca or dial 811.