YVR TAKEcare is a health and safety program designed to help people move through our airport safely and with confidence. It places industry-leading health, safety and cleaning practices and protocols at the forefront of airport processes.
Our Commitment: YVR TAKEcare reflects the latest health, safety and cleaning measures as outlined by government agencies and health industry experts. Whether you are a traveller or airport worker, rest assured you are safeguarding your health and well-being by following the steps outlined in this program. You can have confidence in us to take care of you.
Under TAKEcare, we are investing in new technologies and reconfiguring airport infrastructure, expanding on existing measures and implementing new ones. Current measures include:
- Asking that face coverings be worn at all times while in the public areas of the terminal
- Requesting that only travellers with a valid ticket and employees enter YVR, with exceptions made for those requiring extra assistance.
- Increasing cleaning across all high-touch areas
- Providing additional hand sanitizer throughout the airport
- Installing plexiglass at counters
- Placing TAKEcare team members at key locations throughout the airport
- Displaying clear physical distancing signage throughout the passenger journey
- Facilitating temperature screening
Sign up for the YVR TAKEcare program below and receive important health and safety updates from the airport.