FAQ for Parking at YVR
1. How do I reserve online?
Go to “Book Parking” page under the “Parking” tab on yvr.ca. Select your booking dates and times and click on “Get Quote” to be provided your parking options. Choose the available parking product that best suits your needs, and complete your Checkout by providing your personal, vehicle, and payment details. Make sure you confirm your details on the right-side bar before clicking “Reserve and Pay Now”. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a QR code that you will use for entry.
2. Is there an additional reservation fee?No reservation fee is applied to bookings made via yvr.ca.
3. How far ahead can I reserve?You may reserve up to six months ahead of your travel date.
4. Can I reserve at short notice?
A minimum of four hours before arrival at the lot is required for booking. However, we recommend reserving in advance to secure the best rate and ensure you can reserve a space in the parking lot of your choice.
5. What is the maximum stay for reservations? How long can I book for?
You can book a parking space for up to five (5) days in the Parkade and 60 days in the VLT and jetSet YVR Parking. BCAA discounts for the VLT and jetSet YVR Parking are only available up to 30 days.
6. How are parking charges calculated?Parking charges are calculated by the half hour, the day and the week based on the times and dates selected when the booking was made. For Gateway Valet, charges will have an additional $20.00 Valet Fee.
7. What do I do at the airport on the day of travel?
Drive your registered vehicle to the parking lot you have pre-booked. Signage is clearly visible at the airport. Please bring the map that is available on the website and your confirmation QR code.
Drive up to the entrance gates slowly and stop before the gate arm. The license plate recognition system will flash. Wait for the system to recognize your registered license plate, and for a green token to drop from the entrance machine. Once you pick up the token, the gate arm will raise and you may enter the lot. If the token does not drop immediately, you can also scan your QR code on the entrance machine to retrieve a token. Should you need assistance please press the call button on the entrance machine to be directed to a staff member.
For jetSet YVR Parking Only: Drive up the entry gates and press button to lift the gate. Drive up and park your vehicle in one of the drop off lanes. Collect your belongings and proceed to the jetSet building to check-in and drop off your keys. Once checked in, board the jetSet shuttle to the Terminal. From the Terminal, you can take the shuttle back to jetSet from one of our two shuttle stops located at International and Domestic Departures, Level 3. The shuttle arrives every 20 minutes, and the facility is staffed 24/7. Once back in the building, use your Key Collection Ticket to retrieve your keys and return to your vehicle waiting for you in the Vehicle Collection Area.
For Gateway Valet Only: passengers can drop off their vehicle at one of two locations along the curb on Departures Level 3 before entering the terminal for their flight. Gateway Valet will park the vehicle for the duration of your trip and return the vehicle to you at one of two designated pick-up locations upon your return to YVR. Gateway Valet drop off locations are as follows: near the entrance to the Fairmont Hotel on Departures Level 3; outside the Graham Clarke Atrium, also on Departures Level 3. Gateway Valet will park the vehicle for the duration of your trip and return the vehicle to you at one of two designated pick-up locations upon your return to YVR.
8. Where do I park in the Parkade, Value Long Term Lot?You may park in any parking stall that is unoccupied and unmarked.
9. What payment methods are accepted?We accept the following cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
10. How do I know that my reservation has been placed?As soon as your payment has been accepted you will receive an online receipt; shortly after placing your booking, you will receive an email with a booking reference number and QR code confirming all your details. You should bring a printed copy of your confirmation number and QR code with you to the Airport as well as the map of where your chosen parking lot is located. You can also view your reservation by simply clicking on “Manage my Booking” on the YVR website. All bookings are made subject to our Terms and Conditions.
11. What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
You can cancel all bookings up to four hours prior to your booked departure time at no charge. The simplest way is to click on the “Manage my Booking” button at the top of the parking homepage. In all communication, please quote the booking reference number.
12. What happens if I need to amend my booking?
You may amend your booking up to four hours prior to your booked entry time at no additional charge. The simplest way is to click on the “Manage my Booking” button at the top of the parking homepage. In all communication, please quote the booking reference number.
13. What happens if I forget or lose my booking confirmation?You will need to scan your QR code either printed or with your smartphone in the event that your license plate is not recognized. We recommend having a printed copy with you when you enter and exit the lot. Alternatively, you can have a new booking confirmation resent by clicking on the “Manage my Booking” button and looking up your information. Sign up and create an account to login and easily search for all of your bookings.
14. What is “Manage my Booking”?This service enables you to amend or cancel your booking online. You can amend all your details including your registered vehicle and license plate details and entry and exit dates up to 4 hours prior to your booked entrance time.
15. What happens if I want to bring a different vehicle to the one confirmed at booking?If you are going to use a different vehicle to that detailed on your confirmation receipt, you can amend these details to your reservation online. Simply click on “Manage my Booking” function with at least four hours prior to the booked in time. If you enter and exit the parking lot using a vehicle that is not your registered vehicle, you may be charged the rates displayed at the entry to the lot.
16. What if I have forgotten or lost my QR code when I arrive at the airport?If you require assistance at the entrance, please press the call button at the entrance machine to be directed to a staff member to search your booking information. Without the QR code your token may charge you the posted rate displayed at the entry of the lot when you’re exiting. Please press the call button at the exit machine for assistance. If you end up paying twice for your stay, retain a copy of the receipt and contact the Parking Office at [email protected] for a refund.
17. How do I exit the parking lot?When you return from your trip, simply put your token into the token acceptor slot at one of our express exit gates. The exit gate will then open to let you out.
18. What happens if I enter the parking lot prior to my confirmed booking time?If you enter the parking lot and you are not within two hours of your confirmed booking time, an amendment to your booking is required. This must be done 4 hours prior to your booked arrival time. Simply click on “Manage my Booking” function or contact the Parking & Ground Transportation office ([email protected]). You will be charged the cost of additional time based on the rates displayed at entry.
19. What happens if I exit the parking lot later than my confirmed booking time?If you exit the parking lot after your confirmed booking time you will be charged the cost of additional time, based on the drive up rates displayed at entry. BCAA rates are only available when booking online or amending your booking up to 4 hours prior your booking entry time.
20. What happens if I exit the parking lot earlier than what I pre-booked?No refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the booking period.
21. How do I earn Aeroplan points?We are not currently awarding Aeroplan points for parking stays.
22. How do I book accessible parking?All of our facilities have designated accessible parking stalls. We do not differentiate accessible parking for reservation purposes.
23. Can I make a reservation for a motorcycle, oversized vehicle or a trailer?Reservations cannot be made for oversized vehicles and are on a first come, first served basis providing there is space available. Any vehicle requiring additional spaces may be subject to extra charges.
24. Are there any height restrictions?There is a height restriction of 6’6” (2 metres) in the Parkade, and 11’9” (3.6 metres) in the Value Long Term Lot and jetSet. Please contact our parking office ([email protected]) for information on where to park over height vehicles.
25. What if I want to reserve more than one car travelling on the same date?You can reserve for more than one vehicle for the same dates; however, you will need to make separate bookings.
26. Why is there no availability for the dates I am trying to book?If there are no parking options listed for the dates entered, the car park is fully booked for all or part of your stay; or you do not meet the booking conditions for the product selected.
28. How do I make a reservation for the South Terminal or any of the other YVR parking lots?
We are currently accepting reservations for the Parkade, Value Long Term Lot, and jetSet. If you do not see your selection, it may be unavailable or sold out. Please check back on yvr.ca for updates.
If you have any queries, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (604) 276-7739 (M-F from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm PST)
Mailing Address: Parking & Ground Transportation
PO Box 44638 YVR Domestic Terminal RPO
Richmond BC V7B 1W2