Automated Passport Control
Automated Passport Control is an expedited customs entry process. It allows eligible passengers travelling from Vancouver International Airport to the US to clear customs more efficiently, while ensuring high standards of safety and security. The self-service kiosks require no pre-registration or fee.
Eligible users include:
- US passport holders,
- US permanent residents,
- Canadian passport holders traveling for pleasure or temporary business (without a visa or permit), and
- foreign nationals with ESTA.
Travellers will proceed directly to a self-service kiosk in the US CBP area and follow these 4 simple steps:
- Scan your Canadian or American passport or U.S. permanent resident card.
- Follow the instructions, then take your photo. (Photo not required for passengers under the age of 14 or over 79.)
- Answer the declaration questions on the screen.
- Present your receipt and travel documents to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer.