YVR is continuing site preparation activities following the recent demolition of the Templeton building as we prepare the site for future development.
Upcoming work includes:
- Removal of existing utilities that are no longer required
- Milling the asphalt on the old Templeton works yard
- Demolition of existing asphalt along Terrace Street
- Construction of an airside access road south of the Wildlife building which will include excavations to install electrical and communication infrastructure, compacting a gravel base, paving, installation of a lamp standard
- BC Hydro will install utilities on Aylmer Road
- BC Hydro will be replacing cable in existing duct banks throughout the area
Construction will take place weekdays between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM with noisier work scheduled after 7:30 AM. There will be excavators, haul trucks, compactors, milling and paving machines, as well as miscellaneous trucks and crews on site. We are working with the contractor to apply white noise alarms on equipment wherever possible for this work. However, this is new technology and not all contractors can adhere, so normal back up alarms will be heard.
We expect the demolition and milling of the asphalt to be noisy work which is scheduled to take place December 10 to 13, 2019.
The contractor does not currently have planned activities between December 23, 2019 to January 6, 2020, but given the sensitive nature of the work for key airport infrastructure, emergency maintenance could be required at anytime.
Ongoing site construction will continue through 2020 and we are committed to providing updates as we secure contractors and confirm schedules.
If you have questions or comments about construction related activities, please contact [email protected].