YVR "Oktoberfest" Contest Terms and Conditions
YVR “OKTOBERFEST” CONTEST
ENTER TO WIN GRAND AND SECONDARY PRIZES
SPONSORED BY VANCOUVER AIRPORT AUTHORITY
OFFICIAL CONTEST ENTRY RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
THE YVR “OKTOBERFEST” CONTEST (the “CONTEST”) WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 4, 2023 and closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on Monday, October 9, 2023 (the duration of which is the “Contest Period”). All times listed here are in Pacific Standard Time (“PST”).
2. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the commencement of the Contest Period (an “Entrant”).
3. The Contest is not open to employees of the Vancouver Airport Authority (“YVR”), or any of YVR’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, representatives, dealers and agents, Contest suppliers and judges, including those individuals with whom they are domiciled and members of their immediate families regardless of where they reside. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter, and spouse.
Contest Entry Rules
4. To participate in the Contest, Entrants can participate one of two ways:
a. Online with a valid Instagram account. To register for these accounts, Entrants can visit www.instagram.com and follow the instructions. There are no fees associated with the creation of these accounts and the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Instagram. By participating in the Contest, Entrants release Instagram from any and all liability arising from or related to this Contest.
b. In person while travelling through the Vancouver International Airport.
5. To enter the Contest, Entrants can:
a. Instagram – Follow @yvrairport on Instagram and comment on any Contest post with who you’d enjoy the “Oktoberfest” prize package with if you win. Each separate comment and tagged friend is one entry. Entrants can also gain an extra entry if they are travelling through YVR and use the hashtag #YVROktoberfest when posting a photo or story on their Instagram channel about this event.
(each, an “Entry”)
b. At the Vancouver International Airport Terminal –Receive an Oktoberfest Passport after the International security checkpoint. Entrants need to collect two stamps from participating commercial partners, fill in their contact information and submit their Oktoberfest passport into a submission box at our information counters for their chance to win the prize.
(each, an “Entry”)
6. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules. YVR reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Entry or Entrant that YVR determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet or abide by the Contest Rules.
7. To be considered valid, an Entry must:
a. be submitted using the methods described in Section 5 above;
b. be submitted prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period;
c. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, an Entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
d. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than YVR’s;
e. not contain any indecent, lewd, explicit or offensive content, as determined by YVR, and be in general “good taste” and in keeping with the YVR’s brand images;
f. not violate any law or regulation;
g. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
h. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
i. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
8. An Entrant’s right to submit an Entry must not be restricted in any way. An Entrant must be able to provide legal releases for use of their Entry by YVR in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in any Entry.
9. YVR’s right to use Entry: Entrants acknowledge that their Entry may appear in YVR’s social media feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including YVR promotional materials. By submitting an Entry, Entrants irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant YVR the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all rights, including moral rights, in the Entry, without notice or compensation, and agree that Entrants may be required to sign a waiver, release and assignment to that effect.
10. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Official Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple social media accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may lead to the disqualification from entry, participation, and/or Contest Prize (defined below) and preclude Entrants from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of YVR. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions outlined in these Contest Rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of YVR upon receipt and none will be returned.
11. For the Contest, there will be one available prize to be won by one individual (a “Winner”).
a. one (1) prize of two (2) $2,000 travel vouchers to be used to book any trips from Vancouver (YVR), totaling $4,000.
(each, a “Contest Prize”)
12. The Winner must redeem the Contest Prize from YVR within two (2) months of being awarded the Contest Prize. If the Winner fails to or is unable to redeem the tickets from YVR within such two (2)- month period, the Contest Prize will be forfeited.
Contest Winner Selection
13. Within one (1) business day of the end of the Contest Period, YVR will select one (1) Contest winner (the “Contest Winner”). Contest Winner will be chosen by a random draw.
14. The Contest Winner will be notified through our verified account on the social media platform or email that they submitted in their Entry. The Contest Winner will be required to provide YVR with a valid e-mail address and telephone number for future communication relating to the Contest Prize. If the Contest Winner does not respond and claim the Contest Prize within three (3) days of notification by YVR, a new Contest Winner will be randomly selected.
Contest Prize Rules
15. In order to receive the Contest Prize, the Contest Winners must:
a. sign a statement confirming their identify and provide YVR with valid government issued identification; and
b. correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time.
16. The Contest Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash.
17. If the Contest Prize is being delivered to the Contest Winner by mail at an address provided by the Contest Winner, then risk of loss and damage to the Contest Prize will pass from YVR to the Contest Winner at the time of delivery.
Contest Winner Announcement and Verification
18. The Contest Winner will be announced via YVR’s social media accounts at the end of the Contest Period.
Conduct and Limitation of Liability
19. RELEASE. Contest Winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and waiver, release and assignment (“Release”) that confirms the Contest Winner’s (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Contest Prize as offered; (iii) release of YVR, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Contest Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to YVR of the unrestricted right, in YVR’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Contest Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Contest Winner or the selected Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and the Contest Prize will be deemed forfeited.
20. INDEMNIFICATION BY CONTEST PARTICIPANT. By entering the Contest, an Entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Contest Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Contest Prize-related activity. The Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
21. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YVR assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. YVR is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. YVR assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. YVR is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. YVR is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Each Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. YVR assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the YVR, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
22. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on YVR’s website (www.yvr.ca) and made available throughout the Contest Period. Each Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of YVR, which shall be final and binding in all respects. YVR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YVR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
23. YVR and Releasees are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the advertising or promotion of this Contest. YVR and the Releasees assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or of the social media platforms during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
24. This Contest will be conducted in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by YVR only. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received, read, and understood them by participating in the Contest.
25. All Entries become the permanent property of YVR and none will be returned. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
26. This Contest may be modified or cancelled by YVR at any time during the Contest Period and YVR shall not be liable in any manner to any Entrant that may have entered the Contest prior to such modification or cancellation. YVR will make best efforts to notify those Entrants that have submitted entries of such modification or cancellation, but all entries submitted shall remain the property of YVR in accordance with these Contest Rules.
Protection of Personal Information