Vancouver Airport Authority is ready to welcome back passengers to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) as British Columbia and Canada ease measures to re-open travel and tourism, safely and in a coordinated manner.
“At YVR, we are pleased to see the safe, phased approach that government is taking to advance restart plans in BC and Canada for those who are able to travel. We will continue to follow these plans and the direction of public health authorities to implement measures focused on keeping our communities safe while beginning to reopen the visitor economy,” said Robyn McVicker, Vice President, Passenger Journey at Vancouver Airport Authority. “As measures ease, we are committed to keeping our community and passengers informed of what to expect at the airport. We are asking travellers to be prepared, be patient and have confidence—YVR and our partners are ready to deliver a safe, effortless experience.”
The Airport Authority recognizes that as BC moves through its phased Restart Plan, many people will be planning travel and may be visiting the airport for the first time in over a year. The Airport Authority is committed to keeping passengers informed about what the airport experience will look like when everyone can get back to travel and encouraging them to prepare for their trip in advance.
Passing through Canada’s border will look different and may take longer as passengers returning to Canada meet new entry requirements including pre-departure testing, completion of the ArriveCan, pre-registration for the arrival test at the airport and quarantine plans where applicable. The airport team is ready to support our passengers through these new processes.
Travellers can think of preparing for their trip and journey through YVR in three simple steps:
1. READY - Get ready for your trip by being well prepared:
- Know the requirements of where you’re travelling to as well as what you will need when you return.
- Make sure your passport is valid and you have the right travel documentation.
2. SET - Get set and be patient when you arrive at YVR:
- Masks will continue to be mandatory within the airport and onboard your flight.
- Security screening now includes a few extra steps, including temperature checks.
- For those entering Canada from the US or another international destination, the border process is more comprehensive—completing forms using the ArriveCan app and pre-registering for testing can streamline the steps of your re-entry.
3. FLY - We are ready to welcome you back as you fly to your next destination:
- Many of our retail and concession partners have re-opened, including your favourite global brands and local flavours. We’re also looking forward to some new concepts that will open very soon.
- Of course, our TAKEcare teams continue to keep the airport safe and clean at the highest standards using a multi-layered approach to cleaning and hygiene.
For more information visit yvr.ca and yvr.ca/TAKEcare.