What is YVR doing in addition to PHAC's screening measures?
- Established an enhanced cleaning team that can clean up to 18,000 square feet of the terminal per hour, with a focus on sanitizing key surfaces, including: border kiosks, jet bridges, hand rails, other touch surfaces and washrooms.
- Placed dozens of additional hand sanitizer dispensers in high traffic areas which are being refilled on an ongoing basis.
We have placed additional signage throughout the terminal in multiple languages to:
- Encourage social distancing
- Outline PHAC’s top precautionary measures, including in all washrooms.
- Raise awareness of the 14-day self-isolation requirement for all people entering Canada, and on what to do if travellers are experiencing flu like symptoms.
- Temporarily closed all water fountains and bottle fillers as these are areas of high transmission.
- Temporarily closed Children’s Play Areas.
- Temporarily suspended a range of customer care programs including our Explorer Tour, the LASI program and the Green Coat Volunteer program.
- Worked with our partners to adjust operations of retail, food and beverage and hotel offerings. Please visit yvr.ca for up to date store hours.