At YVR, we continue to work with our many partners to implement the Government of Canada’s safe, measured and risk-based approach to travel and tourism so everyone can move through our airport safely and with confidence.
As of November 30, all employees, passengers and visitors at YVR and airports across Canada must be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to be part of the first fully vaccinated industry in Canada and equally proud that travellers can board a plane with even more confidence knowing everyone on the flight is vaccinated.
To help you prepare for your next trip through YVR, here are the latest measures that you need to know before you go:
- As of November 30, 2021, all passengers must be fully vaccinated to travel from a Canadian airport with very few exceptions. Learn more about exemptions to the vaccine requirement here.
- The Government of Canada will also accept three additional vaccines: Sinopharm, Sinovac and COVAXIN. You can find the complete list of accepted vaccines here.
- Passengers must show vaccine credentials to their airline and possibly also at security screening checkpoints, so be sure to carry proof of vaccination with you.
- Each country has unique entry requirements.
- Passengers must know what is required of them upon arrival (and for their return), which could include confirming vaccination status, presenting a negative COVID-19 test or having a quarantine plan.
- We strongly advise checking with your airline to confirm the vaccination and testing requirements for the destination before travelling.
- More information about entry requirements for Canada and international destinations is available here.
- We continue to clean the airport at the highest standards through our TAKECare program.
- Masks continue to be required in the terminal and onboard your flight.
- As of December 20, 2021 at 9:00 p.m. PST, travellers returning from the United States within 72 hours of departure will be included in the federal requirement for international travellers to have a negative molecular test taken within 72 hours before arriving in Canada. All information must be submitted via ArriveCAN. Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the app on your phone.
- Some passengers may also be selected for mandatory testing on arrival.
- Passengers connecting through YVR to another Canadian destination must be fully vaccinated with very few exceptions. Learn more about exemptions to this vaccine requirement here.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated travellers must quarantine for 14 days and conduct a day-1 and day-8 COVID-19 test.
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 who are travelling with fully vaccinated parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor do not need to quarantine but must follow public measures. For more information please click here.
Visit YVR.ca/ready for more information about travel measures to help you plan for your next trip through YVR.
Visit YVR.ca/updates for latest travel advisories, including current restrictions for travel to and from select southern African countries.