With the first snowfall of the season now underway, we’ve compiled our top tips to help passengers get on their way as quickly and as safely as possible.
- Check the status of your flight on your airline’s website or the flight information on yvr.ca before coming to YVR. Please note that winter weather in the province or other parts of the country can impact flights.
- Online check-in is available for most airlines. Print your boarding pass at home or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- Driving to YVR? Have a parking plan by pre-booking parking up to three hours in advance at yvr.ca/parking.
- Consider taking the Canada Line to YVR, delivering you to the terminal door in 30 minutes or less.
- Allow ample time to factor in any traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- Give yourself extra time to check-in, clear security and board your flight.
- If you are picking up friends or family at the airport, you can park short-term in our Parkade—or take advantage of 30-minutes of complimentary parking at our Cell Phone Waiting Area.
- Arrive early and enjoy more than 170 shops, services and restaurants, including a number of new options. For a complete list, visit yvr.ca.
- Want a warm snuggle before your flight? Say hi to YVR Ambassador Dogs, part of the Less Airport Stress Initiative (LASI). They roam the terminal Mondays through Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and can be easily identified by their YVR branded leashes and St. John Ambulance bandanas.
- For any assistance, please speak to YVR’s friendly group of Customer Care employees in blue jackets and Green Coat volunteers.
Watch this video to learn more about snow operations and how we maintain a safe and secure airfield for aircraft and passengers.