Attention mexi-food lovers! Sal y Limon is now serving up tacos so tasty you’ll want to bury-tto your face in them. Next time you fly to the U.S., save room in your stomach (and perhaps your carry on?) for tacos, burritos, quesadillas and more! For the ultimate experience, make sure you get to the airport early enough to sit and enjoy a cocktail at the full-service bar. If not, that’s okay, just take your food to-go! Here are 5 reasons Why Burritos Make the Best Airport Food.
- Mucho customization. Whether you’re a picky eater or have dietary restrictions, Sal y Limon has options for everyone! There are gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options available.
- Easy to transport. If you’re running late, burritos are the perfect item to grab and go. Swing by Sal y Limon to place your order, toss the neatly wrapped meal-to-go in your carry on and head straight to your gate!
- Your mouth and stomach will be satisfied. Burritos will tempt the taste buds but are also filling. They’ll also keep your stomach from grumbling on your flight which will in turn keep your seatmate’s attitude at bay.
- You will make friends! Whether it’s people attempting to investigate where that mysterious aroma is coming from, them wanting to know where you acquired such a fulsome food item OR if they’re brave enough, maybe even ask for a bite. It might be hard to say no but trust us – you deserve to eat the whole thing.
- They hit all the food groups. Whether they’re fresh or pickled, burritos have veggies. Add cheese and sour cream for dairy. Fish, pork, beef, chicken or beans for protein, and we of course must acknowledge burritos, in all their juicy goodness, come wrapped in a whole grain tortilla! Based on our calculations, 4/4 food groups = 100%, making burritos a perfectly-rounded meal.
Thinking about burritos this much has sure made us hungry. Nearly hungry enough to book a flight to the U.S. just to grab a bite at Sal y Limon YVR – now open post-security near gate E88.