With the holiday season just around the corner, YVR has put together the following travel tips on how to best navigate the airport and security processes.
- Confirm travel details in advance. Days before your trip, confirm reservations with your airline, and determine baggage specifications and what your airline offers in the way of onboard service.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage, including skis and snowboards, is available through the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) at catsa.gc.ca.
- Don’t wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on or checked baggage. Their contents may need to be inspected during the screening process.
- With new laws surrounding cannabis in Canada, make sure you are up to date on how it may affect your travel plans. Visit yvr.ca/cannabis for more information.
- Winter weather here in Metro Vancouver or in other parts of the country could impact flights, so be sure to check the status of your flight at yvr.ca before you leave home.
- Online check-in is available for most airlines serving YVR. Print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- We’re doing our part to conserve B.C.’s natural gas and have lowered the temperature in the terminal slightly. You may want to consider keeping a sweater in your carry-on baggage.
- If you are driving to the airport, have a parking plan. Pre-book your YVR parking at yvr.ca.
- Travel to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less.
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- For a broad selection of in-flight food, check out YVR Food on the Fly. Your favourite YVR restaurant will package up a meal or snack to take with you on the flight.
- Forgot someone on your holiday giving list? YVR’s retail shops offer up an extensive array of gift options and free gift wrapping is available post security for these purchases.
Questions? Keep an eye out for YVR’s friendly group of Customer Care employees in blue jackets and Green Coat volunteers.