Gateway to the New Economy
The pandemic has shown the need to widen our focus to one where we are aligned to the future growth and needs of our community and regional economy.
We will therefore build on our past gateway success, utilizing our infrastructure, land, expertise, influence and reputation for innovation, and the platform for testing and incubating new solutions and to create a market for made-in-BC solutions. Not only will we strengthen, diversify and bolster our core airport business, we have a significant opportunity to work with partners to become our region’s Gateway to the New Economy.
- We will continue to explore and market new routes, and forge partnership agreements with new carriers while assessing options for repurposing and rehabilitating our airside infrastructure for future air cargo expansion.
- We will drive value in the off-peak by exploring the potential for accommodating new and emerging markets, including leisure carriers, in the demand valleys.
- We will drive value from land assets to diversify our revenues and grow our core airport business while supporting regional economic development.
- We will focus land development on growth industries that are integral to YVR’s aviation business, align with excellence in airport operations, advance our climate goals and that benefit from proximity to the airport, including green aviation technology, the zero-carbon economy, clean-tech and bio-tech.
- We will continue to explore the potential for a Free Trade Zone (FTZ), providing the tax-free production of manufactured goods for export, considering the value proposition for BC and the Canadian economy.
- We will commit to a shared roadmap to recovery through cooperation with our partners including Musqueam Captial Corp, stakeholders and other airports.