Winter Weather Conditions
Maintaining a safe and secure airfield for aircraft and passengers is the focus of everything we do at YVR. We appreciate the patience of all passengers as our crews work to get aircraft on their way as quickly and safely as possible during winter weather conditions.
Passengers are advised to check with their airlines for current timelines and flight information, or check www.yvr.ca before coming to the airport. Passengers are also encouraged to leave extra time when traveling to the airport and to drive safely.
To ensure that you are prepared for the winter conditions, we recommend the following travel tips:
- Check the status of your flight on your airline's website or the flight information section on this website before coming to the airport. Remember that inclement weather around the province or country could affect your flight.
- Check-in online, print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- If you are driving to the airport, have a parking plan. Save by pre-booking your parking at www.yvr.ca/parking
- Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- And allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight.
Thank you for your patience. Updates will be provided here on an ongoing basis.