jetSet Canada 150 Contest
SPONSORED BY THE VANCOUVER AIRPORT AUTHORITY (the “Sponsor”).
THIS CONTEST SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (the “Contest Rules”).
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of the province of British Columbia;
- be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
- not be a resident of Quebec;
- not be a commercial enterprise or business entity; and
- not be an employee of the Sponsor, the Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, broadcasters, or sponsors, or be an immediate family member or live in the household of, any of the foregoing. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. (the “Contest Participant”).
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Contest Participant, should any Contest Participant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. Aeroplan® is not a sponsor in this Contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. PST on July 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on July 31, 2017, at which time the Contest closes the “Contest Period”). Entries will not be accepted after the Contest Period has ended.
3. HOW TO ENTER
No purchase is required. Subject to Section 5, Contest Participants, who during the Contest Period, pre-book on-line through jetsetparking.com, a parking stay of a minimum of four (4) days during the Contest Period (the “Reservation”) will be automatically be entered into the Contest. For greater clarity, the Reservation must be for parking stays during the Contest Period. All pre-bookings made by Contest Participants during the Contest Period for parking stays commencing after the end of the Contest Period will not be eligible to be entered into the Contest.
Each Reservation will be eligible for one (1) entry into the Contest. Contest Participants who book additional Reservations (the “Additional Reservations”) during the Contest Period may be eligible for additional entries; provided that the Additional Reservations are made during the Contest Period and are for parking stays of a minimum of four (4) days during the Contest Period.
There are a total of ten (8) Prizes (collectively the “Prizes”) available to be won at the outset of this Contest. Each Prize will consist of one hundred and fifty thousand (150,000) Aeroplan Miles (the “Prize”).
Aeroplan Miles have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan Program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan Miles will vary depending on the Aeroplan Reward schedules and other factors, details of which may be found at http://www.aeroplan.com. Aeroplan Miles may be redeemed only in accordance with the Aeroplan Program terms and conditions (aeroplan.com), which are subject to change without notice. Taxes, landing and departure fees, and other charges and surcharges may apply to Aeroplan Reward Travel, and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Additional Aeroplan Miles may be required in order to redeem for a reward and rewards are subject to availability at the time of booking. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program, including expiry dates, are available online at aeroplan.com.
5. VALID ENTRIES
In order to be eligible for a Prize, valid entries must be received within the Contest Period and in accordance with these Contest Rules. A valid entry is as follows:
- Reservations must be made through the designated website; and
- All entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period.
All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor.
Any attempt by any Contest Participant to obtain more than the specified number of entries by using (or attempting to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses, registrations or logins, or by any other means whatsoever, will entitle the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to void that Contest Participant’s entries and disqualify that Contest Participant from the Contest. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Any entry that is determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, to have failed to have been fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period will be rejected. Use (or attempted use) of any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems or programs to enter or otherwise participate in, subvert or disrupt the Contest, and any other attempt to manipulate, tamper with or defraud any element of this Contest, is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
6. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING THE PRIZE
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash or other form.
- The winner of a Prize must have a valid Aeroplan account. If a potential winner does not have an Aeroplan account, they must visit www.aeroplan.com to enroll for an Aeroplan account no later than August 1, 2017 in order to claim their Prize. There is no cost to registering for an Aeroplan membership.
7. WINNER SELECTION
- The winning entries for the Prizes will be selected randomly from all eligible entries received prior to the close of the Contest Period. The draw for the Prizes will be held at the offices of the Sponsor during the Contest period.
- The draw for the Prizes will be conducted by the Sponsor. Aeroplan is not responsible for this Contest and cannot be held accountable for any part of this Contest, including the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draw or winner selection.
- The odds of being selected as a Prize winner is dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Before being declared a Prize winner, the potential winner shall be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged telephone call or face to face meeting, comply with these Contest Rules, and sign and return the Prize Declaration and Release form (defined below);
- Prize winners will be notified by phone or e-mail no later than 5:00:01 p.m. PST on August 1, 2017.
- Upon notification, the selected potential winner must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification within five (5) days of such notification. If the selected potential winner does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, they will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the Prize and another potential winner may be selected. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential Prize winner to receive notification or for Sponsor to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
Each Prize winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Prize Declaration and Release”) that confirms the winner’s:
- eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
- acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- release the Sponsor and its affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from;
- agreement to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability relating to any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense of any guest travelling with the winner arising from the Prize-related activity or during any guest’s use or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising from the actions of the guest and
- granting to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Prize winner’s photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Prize Declaration and Release form must be returned within two (2) business days of the verification as a winner or the selected potential Prize winner will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- If a selected potential winner fails to return the properly executed Prize Declaration and Release within the specified time period, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify the potential winner, thereby forfeiting any and all rights the potential winner may have to the Prize. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or through a random draw, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Contest Rules.
- Further, if a selected potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not complete and return the Prize Declaration and Release, does not have a valid Aeroplan account or fails to enroll for an Aeroplan account, is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize as offered or elects to decline the Prize, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or through a random draw, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Contest Rules. Any disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation.
10. INDEMNIFICATION BY CONTEST PARTICIPANTS
By entering the Contest, each Contest Participant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Contest Participant, Releasees, or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any Prize related activity. Each Contest Participant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any release that may occur. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Each Contest Participant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive the Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
By entering this Contest, each Contest Participant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules. Each Contest Participant further agrees to be bound by the decision of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Contest Participant found to be:
- violating the Contest Rules;
- tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to the Sponsor’s trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by or under the licensed use of the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Contest Participant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
17. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to Contest entry forms, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail and govern.
® Aeroplan is a Registered Trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.
® JETSET and all associated trademarks of JETSET are exclusively owned and licensed for use by Edmonton Regional Airports Authority