Departing Cruise Ship Passengers
Departure guides for cruise passengers with some check-in and travel tips.
Cruise ship passengers are encouraged to leave ample time for check-in.
USA and International departures
Follow “3-2-1” for a smooth journey:
- 3 hours before departure, check-in at YVR and proceed through security & US Customs Border inspection.
- 2 hours before departure, visit World Duty Free and shop for liquor, food and souvenirs.
- 1 hour before departure, proceed to your gate and relax before the flight home.
Follow “2-1” for a smooth journey:
- 2 hours before Canadian Departure, check-in at YVR and proceed through security.
- 1 hour before Canadian Departure, proceed to your gate and relax before the flight home.
YVR travel tips
- Check-in: Have your travel documents and photo identification ready.
- Security screening: Get tips for carry-on, checked baggage and security.
- Shopping and dining: YVR has more than 160 shops and services before and after security.
- Make the most of your YVR experience:
- Before security, check out YVR’s Public Observation Area to see a busy airport in action. Watch airfield activity up close and keep the family entertained with telescopes, dynamic displays and videos.
- Whether it’s Timbits or sushi, your favourite YVR restaurant will pack up your selections to go. Ask for Food on the FlyTM.
- Still need to mail those post cards? Pop down to Canada Post located in YVR’s 7-Eleven, Domestic Terminal, Level 1, for stamps, envelopes and shipping supplies.
- Store your bags for a few hours at CDS Baggage Services located in the International Terminal Building, Level 2, or in the Domestic Terminal, Level 2.Take an art & architecture, family fun or sustainability self-guided tour. Learn about some of the features that make Vancouver International Airport unique.