Customs & Immigration

Flying to Canada? Entry rules are changing.

Canada is introducing a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa.

Starting August 1, 2015, eligible travellers can apply online for an eTA. On March 15, 2016, this new requirement will become mandatory and travellers will need an eTA before they can board their flight to Canada. To find out more, visit  

Flying to the United States? Immigrating to Canada? Answer your border clearance questions using the links below.

Citizenship & Immigration

Information on applying for a Visitors Visa, and immigrating to Canada

Canada Border Services Agency

Information on entry requirements, what to declare, currency regulations and CANPASS air

Nexus, Automated Border Clearance & CANPASS

Information on Automated Border Clearance (ABC), Nexus & CANPASS Air which provide expedited border clearance

U.S. Customs & Border Protection

Information on entry requirements into the U.S.A., declaration cards and NEXUS

Please Upgrade Your Browser

This site's design is only visible in a graphical browser that supports web standards, but its content is accessible to any browser or Internet device.