Interjet Experience Rules and Regulations
INTERJET EXPERIENCE CONTEST TO WIN A PAIR OF ROUND TRIP TICKETS TO MEXICO SPONSORED BY THE VANCOUVER AIRPORT AUTHORITY
OFFICIAL CONTEST ENTRY RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
THE INTERJET EXPERIENCE CONTEST (the “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. The Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday October 19, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on Thursday October 26, 2016 (the duration of which is the “Contest Period”). All times listed here are in Pacific Standard Time (“PST”).
2. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the commencement of the Contest Period (an “Entrant”).
3. The Entrant must be legally able to travel to the Contest Prize country of Mexico and have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel.
4. The Contest is not open to employees of the Vancouver Airport Authority (“YVR”), or any of YVR’s affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, representatives, dealers and agents, Contest suppliers and judges, including those individuals with whom they are domiciled and members of their immediate families regardless of where they reside. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse.
Contest Entry Rules
5. To participate in the Contest, Entrants must have a valid Instagram account. To register a valid Instagram account, visit www.instagram.com and follow the instructions. There are no fees associated with the creation of this account. Instagram is not associated with this Contest.
6. Entrants must upload a photo of themselves in their vacation wear and say why they want to visit Mexico to their Instagram account using the hashtag #InterjetExperience and tag @yvrairport (the “Entry”)
7. There is a limit of one (1) Entry for every Entrant to the @yvrairport post on the social media platform outlined in paragraph 5.
8. By participating in the Contest, Entrants warrant and agree to abide by the Contest Rules. YVR reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Entry or Entrant that YVR, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet or abide by the Contest Rules.
9. To be considered valid, an Entry must:
a. be submitted via valid Instagram account;
b. be submitted prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period;
c. include the designated hashtag #InterjetExperience;
d. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, an Entrant’s photo Entry must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's, entity's or organization's personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than YVR’s;
f. not contain any indecent, lewd, explicit or offensive content, as determined by YVR, and be in general “good taste” and in keeping with the YVR’s brand images;
g. not violate any law or regulation;
h. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
i. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
j. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
10. An Entrant’s right to submit an Entry must not be restricted in any way. An Entrant must be able to provide legal releases for use of their Entry by YVR in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in any Entry.
11. YVR’s right to use photo Entry: Entrants acknowledge that their Entry may appear in YVR’s social media feed after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including YVR promotional materials. By posting content using the designated Contest #InterjetExperience hashtag, Entrants irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant YVR the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such photo Entry and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all rights, including moral rights, in the entry, without notice or compensation, and agree that Entrants may be required to sign a release to that effect.
12. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Official Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may lead to the disqualification from entry, participation, and/or Contest Prize (defined herein, Rule 12 subsection c), and preclude Entrants from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of YVR. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions outlined in these Contest Rules will be judged void. All entries become the property of YVR upon receipt and none will be returned.
13. For the Contest, there will be one prize available to be won by the winner (the “Winner”) which shall consist of two (2) economy class round trip airline tickets (the “Contest Prize”) to Mexico City or Cancun originating from Vancouver International Airport (“Airport”) to Mexico City or Cancun, Mexico, via Interjet’s non-stop service. Winner will be required to book their flight through YVR representative within one year of winning the Contest Prize.
14. The Contest Prize will include all applicable transportation taxes, airport improvement fees and permitted baggage allowances for the type of fare class associated with the Contest Prize. The Winner and the Guest will be responsible for any other fees that may be imposed by the airline, as may be applicable, at the Airport, including but not limited to excess baggage charges and change fees.
15. YVR will coordinate the provision of the Contest Prize with the Winner once the Winner has fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
16. Winner and his/her Guest must be able to participate in the Contest Prize and complete the travel within one (1) year from selection of the Winner. Should Winner and Guest be unable to complete their travel by the date designated by these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner at YVR’s sole discretion.
Contest Winner Selection
17. Within three (3) business days of the end of the Contest Period, YVR will select one (1) Contest Winner by a random draw. The Winner will be eligible to win the Contest Prize provided that the Contest Winner complies with these Contest Rules.
18. The Contest Winner will be notified through the social media platform that they submitted their Entry. The Winner will be required to provide YVR with a valid e-mail address and telephone number for future communication relating to the Contest Prize. If the Winner does not respond and claim the Contest Prize within ten (10) days from notification by YVR, a new Winner will be randomly selected.
Contest Prize Rules
19. In order to receive the Contest Prize, the Winner must:
a. sign a statement confirming his/her identify and provide YVR with valid government issued identification.
b. correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time.
20. The Contest Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. The Contest Prize may be subject to terms and conditions imposed by Interjet.
Contest Winner Announcement and Verification
21. The Contest Winner will be announced via the YVR’s Twitter and Instagram accounts at the end of the Contest Period.
Conduct and Limitation of Liability
22. RELEASE. Winner and Guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and Guest’s: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of YVR, its subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to YVR of the unrestricted right, in YVR’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s and Guest’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
23. INDEMNIFICATION BY CONTEST PARTICIPANT. By entering the Contest, an Entrant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The Entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
24. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YVR assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. YVR is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. YVR assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. YVR is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. YVR is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Each Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. YVR assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the YVR, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
25. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on YVR’s website www.yvr.ca and made available throughout the Contest Period. Each Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of YVR, which shall be final and binding in all respects. YVR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YVR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Winner and Guest must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the Contest Prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force during the flights associated with the Contest Prize. Winner and Guest agree that the airlines associated with the Contest Prizes reserve the right to remove from the flights and/or the Destination, any Winner and/or Guest who breaches or violates any rules of the operating airline and/or fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such Winner and/or Guest.
26. YVR and Releasees are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the advertising or promotion of this Contest. YVR and the Releasees assume no responsibility for failure of the internet or or the social media platforms during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion.
27. This Contest will be conducted in accordance with these Contest Rules, subject to amendment by YVR only. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and will be deemed to have received, read and understood them by participating in the Contest.
28. All Entries become the permanent property of YVR and none will be returned. This Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest is governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
29. This Contest may be modified or cancelled by YVR at any time during the Contest Period and YVR shall not be liable in any manner to any Entrant that may have entered the Contest prior to such modification or cancellation. YVR will make best efforts to notify those Entrants that have submitted entries of such modification or cancellation, but all entries submitted shall remain the property of YVR in accordance with these Contest Entry Rules
Protection of Personal Information