Fast Facts - Holiday Travel Made Easier
December 19, 2011
Travelling through YVR this holiday season? Follow these tips to keep your season bright and stress levels low.
- Confirm travel details in advance. At least several days before your trip, confirm reservations with your airline, and determine baggage specifications and what your airline offers in the way of onboard service. For a wide selection of foods you can take on board, check out Food on the Fly™ at YVR. Your favourite YVR restaurant will package up a meal/snack to take with you on the flight.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage, including skis and snowboards, is available through Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) at www.catsa.gc.ca.
- Don’t wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on baggage. Their contents may need to be inspected during the pre-board screening process.
- Winter weather here in Metro Vancouver or in other parts of the country could impact flights, so be sure to check the status of your flight at www.yvr.ca before you leave home.
- Visit www.yvr.ca from your home, office or mobile device to check in online for most major airlines serving YVR. Print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- Bring proper documentation for your flight. All the latest information on ID requirements is available on www.yvr.ca.
- If you are driving to the airport, have a parking plan. This holiday season, parking is available at $44.95 per week. A printable parking coupon is available on our website.
- Travel to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less from downtown Vancouver.
- If you are staying in a Metro Vancouver hotel or riding the Canada Line to YVR, look out for check-in kiosks located in the lobby of select hotels and at busier Canada Line stations.
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal.
- Questions? Keep an eye out for YVR’s friendly group of Customer Care employees and volunteers dressed in distinctive green jackets.
- Forgot someone on your holiday giving list? YVR’s retail shops offer up an extensive array of gift options, minus the stifling mall crowds. And free gift wrapping is available after security.