The Airport Authority's commitment to our neighbouring communities includes managing airport noise to balance the community's need for safe, convenient 24-hour air travel with enjoyable urban living.
Noise associated with an airport can be attributed to a number of causes including aircraft take-offs and landings as well as engine run-ups (tests performed on aircraft engines after maintenance to ensure safety) and general noise from ground service equipment.
To manage noise and our community commitments we have a comprehensive aeronautical noise management program that includes:
- Consultations with the Aeronautical Noise Management Committee
- A five-year noise management plan
- Published noise abatement procedures
- An airport noise monitoring and flight tracking system
- A complaint management and response system