Vision Statement and Goals
The Vancouver Airport Authority holds safety as it's number one value, and is committed to providing a safe working environment for all stakeholders. The Contractor Safety Management Program provides structure, processes, and expectations for contractors directly contracted by the Airport Authority to effectively manage health and safety risks posed by contractor's onsite activities.
The Contractor Safety Management Program (CSMP) requires the following expectations to be met at a minimum:
- Identify and engage all relevant stakeholders and partners impacted by contracted work, while managing and respecting stakeholder expectations.
- Evaluate and select capable, competent, and ethical contractors to carry out contracted work.
- Identify and adequately communicate H&S roles, responsibilities, and expectations for contracted work to relevant stakeholders.
- Strategically manage risk by identifying, assessing, planning, and controlling risks to eliminate or mitigate their impact.
- Manage and improve due diligence requirements as identified through legal, contractual, or other obligations.
- Monitor contractor safety performance and provide effective H&S oversight and management.
- Respond quickly and effectively to any identified risks. Apply immediate and effective controls that are appropriate to the nature and scale of the risk.
- Use consistent and effective processes and structure to create a risk management framework for contracted work.
- Apply these aspects of contractor safety management consistently throughout the pre-work, work, and post-work phases of the contracted work life cycle.