So we knew that coming to Live@YVR for 80 days was a pretty cool opportunity. But what we didn’t know was how great the response would be!
Since the Live@YVR contest was launched last month, 96 hopeful storytellers from across British Columbia – we’re talking Prince George to Penticton – submitted their video entries for the chance to become our special correspondent.
Five fabulous finalists have been chosen – and now it’s your turn to vote your favourite onto YVR’s Sea Island home.
The public has until August 5 to vote online at www.liveatyvr.ca – in the past three days alone we’ve had almost 3,000 votes.
The winning entrant will begin his or her assignment on August 17 and will move into The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel, experience YVR from a whole new point of view and share these stories with you through videos, tweets and blogs.
Here are the five finalists selected:
- Carrie Dymond (“The Dance”), 36, Vancouver, B.C.
- Christopher Jordan Lee (“Chris Lee at the Tool Library!”), 22, Maple Ridge, B.C.
- Jaeger Mah (“The HEART of YVR!”), 29, Vancouver, B.C.
- Marelle Reid (“Circus School”), 29, Coquitlam, B.C.
- Sarah Szloboda (“Sorry YVR I Tried!”), 24, Vancouver, B.C.
Who’s your favourite? Watch their final videos and cast your vote at www.liveatyvr.ca.