It’s a season staple that signifies summer is in full swing: the annual Celebration of Light. This year’s event – which features Vietnam, Brazil and Italy – continues tomorrow night, when Brazil competes for bragging rights like no other as part of the largest annual offshore fireworks competition in the world.
As long-time sponsors of this event, all of us here at Vancouver Airport Authority have put together some tips and tricks to help you make the most of the sights and sounds of this iconic event:
• Don’t be late! The show kicks off at right at 10 PM on each night of the event.
• For a great seat, visit the YVR Observation Deck at English Bay. Bleacher seating tickets are $59 and include reserved seating and simulcast music via a bleacher sound system.
• Don’t forget to pack your speakers, as SHORE 104.3 FM will be simulcasting the soundtrack on each of the evenings. You can also listen to the soundtrack online on your smart phone or iPhone.
• Get comfy. Getting a great seat usually means hunkering down early (unless you have tickets to the YVR Observation Deck at English Bay), so remember to pack a picnic blanket and low chairs.
• Rain or shine. We live in Vancouver, so nobody really knows that we’re going to get… be prepared for it all with sunscreen AND rain gear.
• Toss it out. Just because there are a whole lot of people attending the Honda Celebration of Light, doesn’t mean there needs to be a whole lot of garbage left behind afterwards. Remember to toss it out at one of the 20 Zero Water Stations provided throughout the festival site.
• Don’t forget to vote! Submit your rankings online after each performance and the combined public score will be added to the judge’s marks to give each competitor a final score.
Want to win two YVR Observation Deck tickets for the Saturday, August 4th show? Visit the Live@YVR Facebook page for contest & entry details. . Act fast because the contest closes Wednesday, August 1st at 11:59 p.m.