Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is once again set to experience its busiest summer travel season yet. To help ensure a comfortable experience, YVR offers the following tips for passengers travelling through the airport.
- Confirm travel details in advance. In the days leading up to your departure, confirm reservations with your airline and double check baggage specifications and what your airline offers in the way of onboard service.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of summer getaway tips from CATSA, including a link to CATSA’s app, can be found at catsa-acsta.gc.ca.
- Online check-in is available for most airlines serving YVR. Print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- If you are driving to the airport, have a parking plan. Review our 5 Ways to Park at YVR.
- If you are picking up friends or family at the airport, you can park short-term in our parkade—or take advantage of 30-minutes of complementary parking at our cell phone waiting lot. View our parking page for more info.
- Travelling to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 30 minutes or less.
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal. Please check with your airline and arrive at the recommended time for your flight. This is typically 90 minutes before a domestic flight, two hours if you’re travelling to the U.S. and three hours for an international flight.
- Make sure you say hello to the YVR Ambassador Dogs, part of the Less Airport Stress Initiative (LASI). The dogs are around the terminal Mondays through Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and can be easily identified by their YVR branded leashes and St. John Ambulance bandanas.
- Once through security, relax and enjoy a variety of summer activities including live entertainment in the terminal every Friday and Sunday until September 4 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- YVR has more than 170 shops, services and restaurants. For a complete list, visit yvr.ca. Check out YVR Food on the Fly for a broad selection of in-flight food. Your favourite YVR restaurant will package up a meal or snack to take with you on the flight.
Questions? Keep an eye out for YVR’s friendly group of Customer Care employees in blue jackets and Green Coat volunteers!