There are several key projects currently taking place that will enhance the airport experience. This includes our biggest sustainability projects to date, new parking options, terminal expansions and much more.
- There will be various improvements to a section of Pier B, in the domestic terminal. As part of this work, there will be hoarding and phased closures of two passenger hold rooms as well as a scaffolding structure in a corridor. Work is anticipated to be complete by June 2019.
- As part of the International Pier D expansion project, steel work has begun. This will take place airside and may include noisy work. Given that there is 24-hour operations in this part of the terminal, we understand that this could potentially be disruptive for those with flights at nearby gates. If you are looking for somewhere quiet, you can find seating in the creek area, near the food court.
- There may be intermittent noise at U.S. check-in, U.S. pre-board screening area as well as U.S. Customs during daytime hours. This work is being done to improve our processes for transfer passengers.
- In November, construction began on an enclosed area between the international and domestic terminal to create a temporary baggage system. There may be intermittent noise and is expected to be complete in July 2019.
In and Around Sea Island
- Various work is continuing in the old Value Lot (adjacent to the Parkade) for the construction of a new six-storey parking lot and Central Utilities Building. A new toll plaza is now open and is the first permanent structure of the new Parkade. Please follow all directional signage in the area.
- As part of ongoing construction for YVR’s new Parkade and Central Utilities Building, preparatory work is taking place outside International Arrivals on level 2 in Chester Johnson Park. In order to facilitate the work, a section of the park is now closed. The pet relief area and Japadog will remain in the current location.
- Construction is underway to prepare for Phase II of the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver Airport. This phase is scheduled to open in Summer 2019 and will deliver 84,000 square feet of additional retail space.
- A section of McDonald Road is closed for construction traffic only. This work is part of the project to extend the east apron for Remote Stand Operations. Please follow all directional signage to the new McDonald Road, located east of North Service Place.
For more information, visit yvr.ca/construction.