WestJet has announced a major expansion to its schedule and connectivity out of its Vancouver hub to key destinations in Canada and Mexico, adding 60 more flights weekly.
Details of WestJet’s increased service from Vancouver:
- An increase of 24 weekly flights between Vancouver and Calgary for a total of 16 times daily, with hourly service in both directions (top of the hour from Vancouver, and bottom of the hour from Calgary).
- Vancouver-Edmonton from 50 to 59 times weekly (nine times each business day).
- Vancouver-Calgary, from 88 to 112 times weekly (16 times daily).
- Vancouver-Kelowna from 40 to 49 times weekly (seven times daily).
- Vancouver-Ottawa from seven to 14 times weekly (twice daily).
As previously announced, on March 15, WestJet will launch three-time weekly service between Vancouver and Mexico City with the route moving to daily service on April 29.
As Canada’s second busiest airport, YVR plays a significant role in the economy by creating jobs and driving business activity throughout the country. Every flight added at YVR helps create and support jobs, and contributes to B.C.’s economy.
The service is part of the airline’s seasonal schedule for the summer of 2018. In addition to the above increases to Vancouver service, highlights of WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule include:
- New non-stop daily service from Halifax to Paris and London (Gatwick).
- The addition of almost 200 flights to WestJet’s hubs including 60 to Vancouver, 72 to Calgary and 28 to Toronto.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of transborder and sun destinations including Nashville, Cancun, Dallas / Ft. Worth and Las Vegas.
- Additional flights from Calgary to a number of domestic destinations including Nanaimo, Edmonton, Halifax, Kelowna, Fort McMurray, Windsor, Grand Prairie, Montreal, Abbotsford, Penticton and Victoria.
- Additional flights from Edmonton to a number of transborder and domestic destinations including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Kelowna, Fort McMurray and Saskatoon.
- An increase of 14 weekly flights between Edmonton and Calgary for a total of 12 times daily.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of sun destinations including Cancun, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Fort Myers.
- Additional flights from Toronto to a number of Canadian destinations including Ottawa, Montreal, Saskatoon and Victoria.
- An increase of nine new weekly flights between Toronto and Ottawa for a total of 13 times daily.
- An increase of nine weekly flights between Toronto and Montreal for a total of 14 times daily
This summer, WestJet will operate an average of 765 daily flights to 92 destinations including 43 in Canada, 22 in the United States, 23 in Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, and four in Europe.
For more information on new routes and increased frequencies in WestJet’s 2018 summer schedule, please visit westjet.com/flight-schedules-new.