Winter in Vancouver can be cold and wet and sometimes we just need to get away and feel the warmth of the sun on our face. The bad news is we can't control the weather, but the good news is Air Canada just announced additional service for its 2018/2019 winter schedule out of YVR. This includes increased frequencies and new service to Lihue Airport (LIH) in Kauai, Hawaii.
Starting October 2018, Air Canada will whisk you away to fun in the sun on its new Boeing 737 MAX fleet. In addition to the new service to Kauai, Air Canada's increased frequencies from YVR include:
- Vancouver-Honolulu: Twice daily (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Maui: Twice daily (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Kona: Four times weekly (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Cancun: Four times weekly (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Ixtapa: Three times weekly (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Puerto Vallarta: Four times weekly (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Los Cabos: Three times weekly (B737 MAX)
- Vancouver-Phoenix: Daily (A320)
- Vancouver-Palm Springs: Daily (A320)
In addition, from December 2018 to April 2019, the YVR-LIH route will offer a three-times weekly service. Lihue is the second largest town on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai, which is known as a cultural and historical getaway.
The Boeing 737 MAX uses 20 per cent less fuel per seat than the original Next-generation 737. Air Canada has configured the cabin to include North American Business and Economy class seats.
For more information and to book online, visit www.aircanada.com.