You’re one week out from Valentine’s Day and you’re thinking to yourself, what’s something cool and different from what everybody else will be doing? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Here are our top 5 best date spots at YVR:
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport – There’s nothing quite like dinner and a staycation. Imagine whisking away your date to the hotel with direct views of the airfield. You can then enjoy a lovely dinner at the award-winning Globe @YVR. After dinner, you can head to the Jetside Bar for another drink or two or take a stroll through the airport. You can also partake in a luxurious spa treatment to fully experience all the Fairmont has to offer on the special day.
- Absolute Spa – Speaking of spas, we have four locations at the airport both pre and post-security to choose from. Spoil your date with with a manicure and pedicure or a massage and facial. The choices are bountiful! Cap off the evening with a beverage at one of several restaurants pre-security at YVR including KOHO, Globe @YVR, White Spot or grab a bottle to go at the West Coast Liquor Store on Level 1 Domestic.
- Flight Path Park – Did you know that we have amazing parks right here at the airport? It might be a little chilly out, but if the weather is nice, you should definitely head over to Flight Path Park where you can picnic under the stars or watch the planes take off and land. Bring a blanket and get cozy! This low-budget option is short on spend but high on romance.
- Sunset on the Beach – For the cycling enthusiasts, YVR’s Sea Island is the perfect destination for a date. With extensive bike paths and lanes, parking and Canada Line access, you can ride all the way down to Iona Beach, and what’s more romantic than the beach at sunset? Plan your route with our bike map.
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Centre Vancouver - Maybe you want to really spoil your date, but you don’t want to go for the usual dinner. How about coffee and a shopping spree? Stop at Caffé Artigiano for a coffee or grab some Italian at Bibo Pizzeria and shop away! With 60+ stores, there’s something for everyone.
Do you also need to buy a gift for your date? We've got you covered there too!
- Salamadra Gifts and Flowers or Vancouver Airport Florist can put together a floral arrangement for you and why not stop at Pacific Sweet Shoppe for a big selection on chocolate and candies
- If books are more your thing, we’ve got Virgin Books and Music too.
- Another unique choice is a gift from Lattimer Gallery. They provide a wide selection of artwork from B.C.’s First Nations people.
Happy date planning!