There are several key projects taking place that will enhance the airport experience. This includes our biggest sustainability projects to date, new parking options, terminal expansions and much more.
Some projects you may see on Sea Island this month include:
- Entry to the current Value Lot will close on February 28 at midnight. YVR’s new Value Long Term lot, near the Templeton Canada Line Station, will open on March 1. For more information about YVR’s most economical option, check out our parking update here.
- The curbside enhancement project continues which includes work to glass windows and the sidewalk along the Departures level. There are several construction zones set up along the departures level which impact sidewalk and curb access. More information on this project can be found here. The work is expected to be complete by Spring 2018.
- Work is taking place in the Domestic Transfer Facilities and in the International Terminal security screening area to introduce CATSA Plus, a high performance security screening system. There will be some noisy work taking place overnight in the International area, near Hanami, during the week of March 5th.
- There is currently hoarding in place near gates D55 and D58 as part of a terminal expansion project to help increase capacity. In order to remove a section of the concrete to install new stairs and escalators, noisy work will be required. This work will take place between 01:00 – 06:00 and is expected to be complete by the end of this week. More information can be found here.
- There will be various other hoarding around the terminal for upgrades.
For more information, please visit yvr.ca/construction.