YVR is experiencing unprecedented growth and is well-positioned to meet and exceed its goal of serving 25 million passengers by 2020. Longer-term forecasts estimate 35 million passengers will travel through YVR annually by 2037. This growth will require significant changes to the airport.
There are several key projects starting in the coming months that will enhance the airport experience. This includes our biggest sustainability projects to date, new parking options, terminal expansions and much more.
Some projects you may see on Sea Island this month include:
- There is paving and infrastructure installation taking place near the Templeton Canada Line Station as crews prepare YVR’s new long-term parking lot. This parking lot will provide more options for customers and will replace the current Value Lot scheduled to close.
- Trees continue to be removed and relocated around Value Lot to the new parking lot near Templeton station and a nursery along Miller Road.
- Hoarding is in place around carousels 22 and 23 in the customs hall. Work is being completed to increase space for CATSA Plus, a high performance security screening system.
- Hoarding near gates D55 and D58 for a terminal expansion project to help increase capacity.
- Various curbside enhancements including work to glass windows and the sidewalk along the Departures level three area. This project will start in January and continue into the Spring.
For more information, please visit yvr.ca/construction.