Season’s greetings! With the holiday season right around the corner, YVR is set to welcome close to 83,000 passengers on some of the busiest days. To help ease holiday travel stress, we’ve put together the following travel tips on how to best navigate the airport and security processes.
- Confirm travel details in advance. Days before your trip, confirm reservations with your airline, and determine baggage specifications. Also, check to see what your airline offers in the way of onboard service.
- Download the YVR Airport app to make your journey even more efficient and easy. Available on iOS and Android, the free YVR Airport app allows you to view your itinerary, find information on car rentals, shuttles and public transport and receive up-to-date notifications and flight status changes among other features.
- When packing, remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. These details and a complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage, including skis and snowboards, is available through Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) at catsa.gc.ca.
- Don’t wrap gifts before packing them into your carry-on baggage. Their contents may need to be inspected during the pre-board screening process.
- Winter weather here in Metro Vancouver or in other parts of the country could impact flights, so be sure to check the status of your flight at yvr.ca before you leave home.
- Online check-in is available for most airlines serving YVR. Print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed to your handheld mobile device.
- If you are driving to the airport, have a parking plan. Pre-book your YVR parking at yvr.ca.
- Travel to YVR on the Canada Line is quick and efficient, delivering you to the terminal door in 26 minutes or less.
- If you are staying in a hotel in Metro Vancouver or riding the Canada Line to the airport, keep your eyes open for check-in kiosks located in lobby of select hotels and at busier Canada Line stations.
- Allow ample time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Factor in time for traffic congestion, parking and walking to the terminal. Once through security, relax and enjoy a variety of festive activities including live holiday entertainment.
- For a broad selection of in-flight food, check out YVR Food on the Fly. Your favourite YVR restaurant will package up a meal or snack to take with you on the flight.
- Forgot someone on your holiday giving list? YVR’s retail shops offer up an extensive array of gift options and free gift wrapping is available post security for these purchases.
Got more questions? Keep an eye out for YVR’s friendly group of Customer Care employees in blue jackets and Green Coat volunteers – they’re happy to help get you where you need to be!