Whether it’s the status of your flight, the closest bathroom to your gate or even the whereabouts of your favourite cup of java, there’s an app to help you find just that at YVR.
Just in time for the busy holiday travel season, Vancouver International Airport unveils its YVR Airport app to make the travel experience even smoother for passengers. The app allows users to build a detailed itinerary for their journey through YVR; find retail coupons; play games; and view 3D terminal maps, flight information, store hours and more. We’re always looking for innovative ways to improve the travel experience at YVR and this new digital tool will help passengers move more efficiently throughout the airport.
YVR Airport is available for free on iOS and Android and allows users to:
- Select their flight and view itinerary for their journey through YVR
- View 3D maps of terminal buildings including quickest route to your gate
- Receive up-to-date notifications and flight-status changes
- Redeem coupons for special offers
- Discover shops, services and facilities
- Play a game and post high scores to leaderboards
The Airport Authority took a unique approach to the creation of the YVR Airport by partnering with a local game-development company rather than an app developer. The result is a platform that offers significant opportunities for growth. Future releases are expected to include new games, GPS capabilities and personalization features that will offer users the ability to save food preferences and find restaurants to match their needs, or review their trip history. Visit the App Store or Google Play and download today!