2015 was another great year for YVR. We welcomed a record 20.3 million passengers, a 4.9 per cent increase over 2014. For the first time in our history, the Transborder (US) market reached 5 million passengers, increasing 8 per cent over 2014. We had strong growth from the Asia‑Pacific, with over 3 million passengers—7.4 per cent more than 2014—while European visitors grew 6.5 per cent. And we handled 271,480 tonnes of cargo, a 5.7 per cent increase and the highest volume in over a decade.
- A record 20.3 million passengers in 2015
- 271,000+ tonnes of cargo, a 5.7% increase over 2014
- 4.3%—Overall revenue increase
2015 Financial and Operating Highlights
- Revenue: $484.7 million
- Operating Expenses: $337.7 million
- Ground Lease: $49.3 million
- Excess of Revenue over Expenses: $100 million
- Net Assets: $1,478.4 million
- Capital Expenditures for the Year: $205 million
- Aircraft Runway Take-offs and Landings: 278,000
YVR’s Airport Improvement Fee remains one of the lowest of the major airports in Canada and continues to provide one of the lowest fees for travel within BC and the Yukon.