YVR is committed to reducing waste and increasing recycling.
In 2014, we recycled 1.3 of 3.8 million kilograms of materials, totalling a 35 per cent diversion rate — a 3 per cent improvement from 2013. Diverted materials included bottles, paper, pallets, glass, metal and plastics.
Our waste-reduction projects include:
- Organic waste diversion program
- Construction material reuse and recycling
- Materials recycling
- Sustainable printing
- 97% Amount of solid waste construction materials diverted in 2015
- 1.8 M Amount of recycled material (kg) from YVR in 2015
- 46% Waste material diverted from landfills in 2015