Community Ambassador Co-op
Be part of an awesome team!
Co-op Student - Community Ambassador - 4 months starting May 1, 2018
Position SummaryVancouver Airport Authority is currently seeking several enthusiastic and professional individuals to join its community relations team as ambassadors. The Community Ambassadors (Co-op) are responsible for delivering YVR’s community outreach program which helps promote YVR’s brand, engage with the community, grow our reputation as B.C.’s airport and supports YVR’s strategic goal of 25 million passengers by 2020.
In 2017, the team attended over 16 events over the course of the summer including the Celebration of Light, Surrey Fusion Festival and Richmond World Fest, interacting with 35,000 people and sharing our brand with more than 2 million people across Metro Vancouver. The team of community ambassadors will also support our popular in-terminal activations, as well as leading our Explorer Tour program which provides free airport tours to the community. Each co-op student will also have a separate project that will be assigned at the beginning of the term.
Because the majority of the role takes place at events, the Community Ambassadors will have a shifted schedule which will see them working most weekends and some early morning and evening work.
- Promote Vancouver International Airport with an interactive community tent at over 19 community festivals throughout Metro Vancouver
- Promote Vancouver International Airport through its YVR Explorer Tour, an in-terminal walking tour of YVR
- Planning and execution of YVR’s community festival
- Provide support for on-site setup and teardown at YVR community activations including some heavy lifting of tent and marketing activation
- Source and write content for communications and social media channels
- Assist with in-terminal activations
- General administrative and logistics support
- Event Logistics
- Other duties, as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role with a community or marketing organization or experience in customer service
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and work well independently and in a team
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing, exciting and fast-paced environment
- Motivated team player with a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and excellence
- Class 5 Drivers License, access to a personal vehicle and experience driving large vehicle (Ford Transit Connect) considered an asset but not necessary
To apply for this position:
Step 1: Submit your cover letter and resume, quoting “Ref #: 002-CEACOOP”
Step 2: Make a creative YouTube video telling us why you want to be a part of the team.
Step 3: Tweet your YouTube video to @YVRairport on Twitter using the hashtag #YVRFlightCrew.
Reference #: 002-CEACOOP
Application deadline: Monday, March 26, 2018