The 99th annual Grey Cup Championship Game is taking place on Sunday, November 27 right here in Vancouver. While the BC Lions are only two wins away from being able to hoist the Grey Cup high, Vancouver International Airport was able have its moment with the cup much earlier.
On November 4, West Jet and Vancouver Airport Authority partnered to bring the Grey Cup and its iconic sport spirit to the airport. The Cup, along with members of the BC Lions Felions dance team and Earl, the Grey Cup mascot, came out to YVR and put smiles on the faces of happy employees and passengers, who posed for photos and received Grey Cup prizes.
This year, our tenants stepped up their enthusiasm and brought the Grey Cup spirit to their areas of the terminal. WestJet has transformed its check-in area into a virtual football field with goal posts on both ends of its 17- by 40-foot field.
With Grey Cup banners layered over the backdrop of YVR’s West-Coast styled terminals, it’s clear to airport visitors and passengers that Vancouver is a host city. Grey Cup volunteers dressed in distinctive uniforms will be on hand to welcome visitors and ensure they receive the assistance they need to get to their destination.
If you are travelling during the Grey Cup, YVR has several spots for drinking, dining and cheering on your favorite team, both before and after security.
- White Spot, Domestic Terminal, Level 3
- Koho Restaurant & Bar, International Terminal, Level 3
- Jetside Bar at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, International Terminal, Level 3
- Stanley’s Happy Landing Lounge, Domestic Terminal, Level 2
- Big Board, International Terminal Food Court, Level 3
- Palomino Bar, Gate A3
- Milestone’s Restaurant, Gate D53
- Voyages Bar, Gate E85
- Pacific Grill, Gate E82
- Monk’s Grill, Gate C45
And be sure to check out these mouthwatering Grey Cup specials on November 27:
- A Lean Beef Burger with Fries and a Pint of Canadian for $14.99 at Pacific Grill
- A Legendary Burger with Fries and Caesar Salad at White Spot with a Nat Bailey Pale Ale for $17.99
- A Milestone’s beef burger and fries with a Pint of Canadian for $19.99 at Milestones and Palomino Bar
If you haven’t bought your Grey Cup apparel yet, you can pick it up at one of YVR’s Grey Cup merchandise retail carts located in Domestic departures, before security and after security (Gate A1).