After a summer that has been plagued with chilly days and cloudy skies, chances are that you’re in need of a Vitamin D fix by the pool. Whether you’re heading out to visit grandma at the cottage, or jet-setting on a luxury vacation, you’ll want to check out these tips to ensure you can get away with minimal stress.
- Confirm your flight reservations with your airline and find out what its baggage restrictions are including the allowed number, size and weight of baggage pieces.
- Pack with safety and security in mind. Check the Canadian Air Transport Authority’s website to learn about items permitted and not permitted in your checked and carry-on luggage. Remember that restrictions continue to apply for liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage. Items not allowed as carry-on include sports equipment such as golf clubs and baseball bats, and certain camping gear.
- Plan your Parking. Check out our parking promotions webpage and print off a coupon to help you save.
At the Airport:
- Arrive early. Particularly during the peak summer season, allow time to check in, clear security and board your flight. Typically, that’s at least 60 minutes prior to a domestic flight, 90 minutes prior to a U.S. flight, and two hours prior to an international flight, but it’s always best to confirm with your airline.
- If you haven’t already checked in online, take advantage of YVR’s self-serve check-in kiosks to print your boarding card yourself.
- Questions? Representatives from our Customer Care team including staff, Green Coat volunteers and students are working every day, ready to answer your questions or lend a helping hand.
- Relax. Pick up a last-minute essential, grab a bite to eat or simply sit-back and get a head-start on your holiday. Get a full list of shops and services at YVR on our website.
- Take advantage of our free WiFi in the terminal and follow us on Twitter (@yvrairport) for latest information, specials, and events happening around the airport.